Lithuania hosts this year’s in Vilnius the 6th Advisory Forum “Expanding the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe: challenges and opportunities”, the most important and significant annual event of the Cultural Routes Programme of the Council of Europe.
The Forum discusses trends and challenges in relation to Cultural Routes and provides a platform for sharing experiences, reviewing progress with the implementation of Cultural Routes. Over two days of workshops and interactive debates, the Forum will explore the following themes:
- Expanding the geographic coverage and launching new partnerships
- Extending certified Cultural Routes to new countries, regions, cities;
- Developing new Cultural Routes in Northern, Eastern and South-East Europe;
- Reinforcing relationships with stakeholders and partners; the role of tourism operators and European networks.
- Developing new themes and practices
- Industrial and scientific heritage, European history and integration, landscape and heritage, art and architecture;
- Reaching new audiences and developing innovative communication tools: web 2.0., social media, branding and marketing;
- Seeking new funding opportunities through the shared economy: crowd funding, public-private partnerships, etc.;
- Developing cultural routes’ sustainability and accessibility.
Even the Phoenicians’ Route will be present at this important event in the person of its director, Dr. Antonio Barone.
For more information about the program you can visit:
- The European Institute portal http://culture-routes.net
- Official website dedicated to the Forum: http://culturalroutesvilnius.kpd.lt